Thank you, Molly, for giving me this idea. You can read her post Here.
It is truly the perfect day to remind myself of my sanity savers. It’s a busy time of year. Report cards and parent conferences are approaching. I’m also taking 2 graduate classes. My biggest sanity saver is the sun. It warms my whole body, like a hug. Unfortunately it feels like -10 degrees outside. The sun is out, but won’t help me today.
Here are my sanity savers (in no particular order):
- reading a book while sitting in the sun
- putting on calm music loud enough to be heard all through the house
- a cup of tea
- drinking a latte at a coffee shop (with the artful milk design of course)
- writing and receiving a silly text
- red wine in front of a fire
- a long run (with a good podcast like Reply All)
- picking up books from the library
- my Paris calendar
- the beach
- having a clean kitchen
- thick slipper socks
- anything from Eddie Bauer (another fleece? Yes please!)
- xc skiing right from my front door
- French fries (Oh yes!)
- The quiet when it snows
- Heated car seats
- My mittens that live in my coat pockets
What are your sanity savers?